Rules and Information
This indoor league is strictly “pay to play” … There will be no emphasis on winning … only on good sportsmanship and enjoying the games.
· U6 = 4 and 5 year olds
· U8 = 6 and 7 year olds
· Each game will be 40 minutes in length with no halftimes.
Games will be played during the 12:30pm to 4:30pm time block on Sunday afternoons
All U6 AND U8 games will be 4v4 with no goalies … U10 games will be 3v3 or 4v4 (coach's discretion)
A size three futsal ball (slightly weighted) will be used.
All restarts or out of bounds plays are considered to be direct kicks from the spot of the infraction
All games will start with a player from each team standing back to back with a ball between them ... when the whistle blows the players turn, ball drops and the game begins.
Players are required to wear shin guards during every game ... NO EXCEPTIONS
Players may wear sneakers or indoor soccer shoes ... no cleats
Players are responsible for bringing water
· Coaches will act more like supervisors in that they will ensure equal playing time for all players if subs are present.
· Coaches will also act as referees if referees are not present.
Due to the lack of venues, there will be no organized practices unless organized separately by the coach/supervisor.
· The referees will NOT be calling every single violation. Hand balls and minor fractions will be loosely called. Tripping or other infractions deemed to “endanger” the safety of players will be called and a direct kick will be rewarded. NOTE: THE REFEREES WILL CALL THE GAMES TIGHTER WITH THE OLDER AGE DIVISION
· All play-ins from balls being kicked out of bounds or penalties will result in a direct kick from the approximate location of the ball leaving the field of play. NO THROW INS.
UPPER PERKIOMEN SCHOOL DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION BUILDING AND EDUCATION CENTER
2229 E. BUCK RD PENNSBURG, PA 18073